I like drinking coffee alone, and reading alone.
I like riding the bus alone, and walking home alone.
It gives me time to think, and set my mind free.
I like eating alone, and listening to music alone.
But when I see a mother with her child;
A girl with her lover;
Or a friend laughing with their best friend;
I realize that even though I like being alone
I don’t fancy being lonely.
- 1: How do you like your coffee/tea?
- 2: Who are some of your favorite youtubers?
- 3: Do you always say please and thank you?
- 4: What is your preferred form of creative expression?
- 5: What is your honest opinion of the asker?
- 6: What was the most profound thing that someone has ever said to you?
- 7: What’s your favorite thing about your favorite season?
- 8: Do you like to watch reality television shows?
- 9: A memory you have of the asker is…
- 10: Have you ever been to California?
- 11: What color eyes do you have?
- 12: What’s your favorite classic novel?
- 13: Would you date the last person you texted?
- 14: When was the last time you went to an amusement park?
- 15: What’s one of your earliest memories?
- 16: What was the last thing you took a picture of?
- 17: Are you a cat or dog person?
- 18: What song reminded you of who today?
- 19: Do you like your handwriting?
- 20: Something you’ve done recently that you regret?
- 21: What was the last book you read and what did you think of it?
- 22: Did you ever make any mixtapes?
- 23: Who’s your favorite female vocalist?
- 24: Who’s your favorite male vocalist?
- 25: Do you consider yourself more introverted or extroverted?
- 26: Do you plan on moving within the next year?
- 27: How many times have you moved in your life?
- 28: Do you actually get along with your siblings?
- 29: How tall are you? Would you like to be taller/shorter?
- 30: What’s something that you don’t like to tell many people?
- 31: At what age would you like to have kids?
- 32: What was the last thing you cooked/baked?
- 33: Were you named after anyone?
- 34: What are your initials?
- 35: What is something you discovered recently?
- 36: What did you want to be when you were a kid? Any special reason?
- 37: Do you consider yourself a good driver?
- 38: Who’s someone you look up to?
- 39: Share a story from your childhood.
- 40: How do you like you’ll die?
- 41: When was the last time you cried and why?
- 42: Do you care much for what people think of you?
- 43: What was the last thing you did that was out of your comfort zone?
- 44: What was the last dream you remember having?
- 45: What do you and your siblings have in common?
- 46: What was the last argument you had with your friend/s?
- 47: What size shoe do you wear?
- 48: When was the last time you made blanket/pillow fort?
- 49: What is your favorite kind of candy?
- 50: [Any question you’d like.]
what happens when
you drown yourself
in your own tears?
the other boats sail away
and the sun sets, and
you are stranded in
the middle of your ocean
because you were too
prideful to ask for help
you drown yourself
screaming at a world
that has long given up
what are you going
to do when they have
will you let the sun and
water roast your skin
or will you go down yelling
uttering curses because
the friends who used to care
don’t care anymore
I’ve seen humans
change like leaves -
one minute they’re green
then they’re red
then they’re yellow
then they’re brown
and then -
they fall when you’re
his cool air made
you feel alone, but
his soft embrace made
you feel okay with it
in his eyes, you
could see he was dying -
yet there was something
so eerie about it
he hid it so well,
his colors shining
so bright out of
every part of him
his hair strands fell
like fragile leaves on a tree
his eyes became hollow
and his bones became
Behind her brown eyes
hid glassy-stone tears,
tears she never shed,
tears he never saw
we only ever take
a handful of what
the world has to
offer us, living
in remote areas
like rats in a maze -
we blame the world
All over in America, we’re celebrating Thanksgiving today. It’s a day where we remember the pilgrims who came on the Mayflower and settled here. It’s also a national day of thanks, and I would just like to say thankyou tumblr writing community. Each and every one of you make up the beauty of…
All over in America, we’re celebrating Thanksgiving today. It’s a day where we remember the pilgrims who came on the Mayflower and settled here. It’s also a national day of thanks, and I would just like to say thankyou tumblr writing community. Each and every one of you make up the beauty of poetry on here and inspire other poets like me every day to continue writing :)
I’m going to send out personal thanks today, but just know.. I’m thankful for you. I’m so lucky to be part of something so inspirational!
Never hold back your words, because they are unique and moving. You never know who might need them.
I hope you guys are having a wonderful Thanksgiving or even just a great Thursday! :D